Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Are You Afraid?

I'll admit it. I get a nervous feeling in the pit of my stomach when I hear the news about beheadings and martyrs. My mind wonders when I read about some great mystery that has been revealed through a cosmic sign in the sky. I begin to ask myself how will I react? How would I react if placed in a situation like that? Almost daily I come in contact with people who say they are scared by all of these things. I have been asked what I think about these events and signs and wonders that are occurring. I get asked if I am afraid. My answer is yes I am afraid. What? wait a minute. Your afraid. Let me explain.

I am not afraid of terrorists or Blood Moons or polar shifts. I am afraid that the Christian community in the United States and the free world are responding out of fear of the unknown and there in lies the problem. We see so many things today that we can relate to the end times. We can read Revelation like a playbook at a football game. It can become so overwhelming that we find ourselves engrossed in trying to figure out Bible prophecy and end times timelines. We become fearful that some world leader is the new antichrist. Our eyes are fixed on the destruction of the world and freedom that we become frightened for the sake of fright.

One of the greatest weapons the enemy uses is distraction. The truth is nothing we can do will stop this one thing we know is true. Jesus Christ IS coming back and that time is very soon. You don't have to research many manuscripts and decode ancient languages to figure this one out. The end times are here. Satan wants us so engulfed in trying to figure out prophecies that we forget the true meaning of why we are here. OUR PURPOSE ON THIS PLANET IS TO WIN THE LOST! It is not to figure out some great mystery that will reveal that some leader is the antichrist or is the false prophet. We can use prophecy to propel and project a sense of urgency but we must be leading people to Jesus Christ. I do not need to give someone a history lesson on fire to let them know the building is on fire and the exit is this way.

The enemy wants to get us to forget that God has not given us a spirit of fear. He wants us to forget that the Holy Spirit was given so we could be bold in the face of adversity. He wants us to continually look into the face of fear until we see ourselves there. Please understand that this is not a bash Bible prophecy preachers or those who study the scriptures for even deeper realms of knowledge of God. It is simply a reminder that we must be the message of Christ and while part of that message is that he will come like a thief in the night the other is that he died to save them from their sins. He was their substitution on the cross.

Recognize what is happening in the world today for what it is. A sign of the end of the age. Let the prophecies and the correlations to world events we are witnessing first hand motivate you to speak the message of Christ boldly. Until the trumpet sounds be about his message and his purpose for your life and know that if you stand for him he will stand with you just like he did in Daniel chapter 3.




No comments:

Post a Comment