Monday, August 4, 2014

Fighting Insecurity

Many of you who know me would say that I am a pretty secure person. I don't let doubt show in my face or my actions. I have been told I come across as confident and not at all shy. Let me admit something to you. I battle insecurity daily. It is only by the grace and strength of God that I am who I am. Lots of people just gave me an amen right there because you do the same thing. 

Insecurity is one of the hardest battles for anyone to fight. It attacks your very make up and structure. I battle this almost every day. I have tasks that I know must be completed but sometimes the thoughts of "why would someone listen to you? who do you think you are? Do you remember what you used to be like?" come in with such force, I have to stop and get my bearings back. Some of you have no idea what I am talking about and still others are again giving me an amen. You know precisely what I am talking about. So, for what it is worth to you, I want to give you some steps to overcome insecurity. 

1. Remember who made you. 
Seems simple remember that God created you. God is not bound by the circumstances of your birth or your life or your family. He created you in his image and the image of the creator is perfect and bold. When you feel insecurity rising in you, stop and say a prayer and remind yourself that you were created by God for his purpose and he has never and will never create junk. 

2. Everything you need has been given to you. 
I remember reading the first chapter of Ephesians where the scripture says all things have been given to you. Notice the word have. It is saying that what we need to succeed has been given to us already. We have access to them. We simply must take them and use them. We can battle with feeling ill equipped or ill prepared but we can be confident in knowing that God has given us what we need to succeed and not just to participate but to see it through to completion. 

3. The power is not yours it is God's power. 
At first, you may view this a a slight contradiction but in actuality it is a statement of truth that expounds on the previous point. The power to do has been given to each one of us who believe. But, it is not a fleshly power that has been given. It is spiritual power which comes from God and if we understand that supernatural power from the very hand of God is what we now have access to and full right to use then we can be confident and not be insecure. God is never weak and never runs, so we can be strong and courageous. 

When I need to get my head together, I stop and think on these three things and I feel the spiritual recharge. I do what scripture directs and take captive every thought that comes into my head and make it submit to the will of God. It is not my will but it is the Lords will. We can succeed at anything we put our minds to. Remember he has given you all the power you need to succeed and win not just merely get by. 

No comments:

Post a Comment