Saturday, December 19, 2009

Countdown

Many of you who read my blog regularly know that Saturday begins a period of tim in my life that is both exciting as well as grightening. I have so many emotions occuring currently that I feel as though the world is moving in high speed and I am in super slow motion. It is that feeling that causes me the most stress in my life. I sat early this morning wondering about why I am feeling so stressed out. I know God has my back. I know God will provide. I also know that God is there for me no matter where I am. So, why am I feeling so stressed.

I know I am stressed because the only time I ever lose my temper or even have it flair up is when I get stressed about something. That thankfully does not happen all that often. I write this blog after having asked my kids to forgive me for a sharp tongue and my wife for forgiveness for lack of understanding and sympathy on my part. All is well in my home no harm done, but humility on my part is up in my face once again. Amazing how God reminds us ever so slightly.

I find myself counting down the hours now. Eight hours til departure for Southern Iowa. Then 24 hours until departure for Tennessee to celebrate a Christmas that just can't get here soon enough. The Bible says be anxious for nothing and I do believe that is true, but each person regardless position or potential is treated the same way by the enemy. He wants us to fall short in our prayer and study so we have no answers. He wants us to get so stressed and caught up in the things of this life where they be our fault or not. He wants to press our buttons and get us to react out anger and stress rather than love and patience.

Our lives are bigger than we imagine them to be. Satan would have us minimize them but God wants to maximize them. How do we remove stress from our life? We talk to the one who is sure and true. The speaker of peace be still in our lives. God take our stress and heaviness and make it yours. We place it in the shadow of the cross of Calvary and place it under your blood. Give us peace in our mind and quiet the storms in our life. Let us see your mighty hand. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment